Sunday, April 26, 2015

Yes another bookmark!!

I am glad to say I managed to complete my sisters presents on time, therefore I have two beautiful little finishes to share with you:

Yet another Michael Powell bookmark, one may say I am obsessed:

'Bookmark: Tall Italian House' by Michael Powell

And the other is my very first pin cushion finish, still room for improvement but very proud of how it turned out:
Pretty Roses
This finish was a nice little practice to get into the swing of things of sewing. I have recently started on the making of my Michael Powell 'Beach Huts Trilogy' pillow cases. Managed to invest in some beautiful creamy/white fabric and some beautiful white and cream lace for decorations. Hopefully will be able to update you on how they turn out very soon. Though I do still have one of them to finish (back stitching being a pain).

I also have started a beautiful Michael Powell Luxury Giant Chart 'Pot of Flowers' it is coming along beautifully and I am hoping to get the remaining threads that I am missing and finish this gorgeous design before the summer.
'Pot of Flowers' by Michael Powell

I also compiled most of the required threads for yet another Michael Powell chart that would match my such beloved bookmark that I have stitched few months ago:

'Greek Village' by Michael Powell

And some other excited cute little kits my sister gave away to me include the absolutely adorable bird designs by Madeleine Floyd and a beautiful flower kit:

Kits by Madeleine Floyd


'The Country Diary of am Edwardian Lady'
She also speared me a really gorgeous chart, which I will need to find the threads for, but pretty excited to start at some point:

'Nature's Beauty'
Till next time....

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous finishes! and nice progress on Michael Powell ... you will have the threads and complete it in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog through Lija's - you have some lovely projects on the go! I stitched one of the Michael Powell houses a few years ago, only a small one but it took so long with all the backstitch. I admire your patience in stitching several pieces. You must be a big fan!

    ReplyDelete